Witness Great White Shark's from the safety of a cage. With the option of either Surface Cage Dives or Ocean Floor Cage Dives you will come away with the ultimate dive experience with one of the ocean’s topline predators. Great White Sharks are majestic, intriguing and just a little bit terrifying.
Australia’s Great White Shark diving trips can be booked as day trips or liveaboard trips, with departures from Port Lincoln, on the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. These trips provide divers and their non-diving companions with the opportunity to view Great White Sharks in their natural habitat, in Australia’s pristine coastal waters. This is one of the most confronting and adrenaline pumping dive tours available. There is something primal about getting up close and personal with a Great White Shark, believe me, you’ve got experience it to believe it.
So where is Port Lincoln? It’s on South Australia’s Eyre Peninsula and is accessible on road or by air, with both Qantas and Regional Express running flights from Adelaide to Port Lincoln. If you’re driving, it’s a seven (7) hour drive from Adelaide, but takes in some stunning coastal scenery and is worthwhile, if you have the time. There’s also a bus service.
Great White Sharks. The Great White Sharks are what you came to see. These giants of the deep blue sea are top line predators that can grow up to 6m long and weigh more than 2,000kg. Made famous in the cult movie Jaws, Great White Sharks elicit a wide range of emotional responses from humans, none of which are neutral.
Generally speaking, people are curious about Great White Sharks and (sometimes more than) just a little bit afraid. Although the Great Whites inhabit waters around much of Australia’s southern coastline, the best (and only place) to book Great White Shark cage diving tours is from Port Lincoln in South Australia. Other creatures you may see during these day tours include seals, dolphins and seabirds.
Dive in Australia are dive specialists. Based in North Queensland on the Great Barrier Reef, we have dived around Australia, including dive time at Port Lincoln. Diving with the Great White Sharks is amazing, contact us for personalised advice and tour bookings
- Depth: Surface dives – participants air supply is from the boat.
- Currents: Weather can be mild to wild. In some instances, day trips will have to be cancelled due to poor weather. We strongly advise checking with the operator three (3) days before your planned departure.
- Dive Experience: Awesome! The only place in Australia where you can cage dive with Great White Sharks. See these mighty critters in their natural habitat.
- Marine Life: Great White Sharks, Seals, Dolphins and assorted fish.
- Diver Level: No previous dive experience or certification required. These are surface dives. All equipment and instruction is provided to you on the boat, on the way to the Neptune Islands.
- Dive Guides: Experienced divers with specific Great White Shark and cage diving experience.
- Dive Briefings: Detailed briefings provided on the way to the site.
- Photo/Video: Professional underwater photographers are on board. You are welcome to bring your own underwater camera or GoPro, or rent one for the day.
- Dive Gear: All provided and included in the cage diving price.
- Accommodation: These day tours can sometimes last up to 12 hours (pending conditions and season) so you will need to book two nights’ accommodation at Port Lincoln, for the night before and after your day tour.