TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these conditions before you proceed with your booking. If there is anything you do not understand please call us on 1800 323 703, or email email@example.com
– and we can call you.
When you book with Dive in Australia – a online travel agency that specialising in assisting dive enthusiasts from all over the world with Scuba Diving Holidays in Australia for the past six years – these are the terms of our service.
PROCEDURE, TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
We are experienced Australian dive travel specialist with over 20 years working and promoting scuba diving here in Australia. We will discuss your inquiries and forward comprehensive quotations as requested by e-mail or phone. Your reservation is not confirmed until we receive the required deposit. After receipt of full payment, you will be sent travel documents which describe the service(s) that have been arranged for you.
All travel documents are non-transferable. It is your responsibility to provide us with the correct information as required.
• Deposit of 30% due at the time of booking*.
• Full payment is due at the latest 30 days prior to commencement of earliest travel service*.
• Bookings under AUD 1500.00, and bookings received less than 30 days before trip commencement require full payment at the time of booking.
PLEASE NOTE: Some resorts and liveaboards request higher deposits and earlier final payment. Any special terms are listed on your invoice.
• General: As your personalised travel consultants you will receive expert advice to plan and create your itinerary free of charge. For involved multi-destination itineraries you may be asked for a research fee of $100 up front. This fee will be credited to your dive booking with Dive in Australia.
• Amendments: Any changes/cancellations to confirmed reservations, incur an amendment fee of *AUD 50.00 per person, in addition to any additional fees charged by operators.
• Credit cards: At this time no surcharge applies for all payments by Visa and MasterCard.
Depending on your country of origin and/or country to be visited, the invoice will be issued in one of the following currencies: AUD (Australian Dollar).
We welcome payments by Visa and Master card. No surcharge applies at this time to card transactions.
• All credit card payments will be processed in Australian Dollars. Please be aware that your credit card company might charge a service fee for processing a foreign currency.
• All credit cards from non-Australian banks are processed as overseas transactions, and as such may incur additional currency exchange and other service fees assessed by your credit card provider.
• Clients not wishing to assume these additional charges should choose the a bank transfer option.
You can also transfer funds directly into one of our trust accounts (due to possible delays of transfers we require payment a minimum of 14 days prior to travel). Any bank charges need to be paid by you.
Please discuss with our consultants your payment options. We will then provide you with the full bank details as required.
Diving, Dive Trips, Dive Cruises, Resorts, Tours and Accommodation
• Cancellation 31 days or more before commencement of service: Full refund less service fee of AUD 50.00/person. *
• Cancellation 30 days or fewer before commencement of service: No refund unless otherwise advised by the operator’s cancellation policy which will be noted in your booking confirmation.
• After commencement of service: No refund.
PLEASE NOTE: Some service providers have more restrictive cancellation procedures than those stated above. Any special terms are listed on your invoice.
RISKS AND WARNINGS
For official information regarding possible dangers at international destinations, contact Smart Traveller website of the Australian government at www.smartraveller.gov.au (or the equivalent service of your national government).
PASSPORT & VISAS
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have valid passports, visas and re-entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be your sole responsibility. If you need information regarding visa and other travel document requirements for your trip please let us know.
COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL INSURANCE
We also recommend you take out travel insurance, which can cover you for uncertainties such as the need to cancel the trip, accidents or illness during travel, lost luggage and even legal liability.
All information on the Dive in Australia website is thoroughly researched and published to the best of our knowledge. However, Dive in Australia does not accept any responsibility for the correctness of this information. Travel itineraries, prices and service descriptions are subject to change at any time at the operators’ discretion. Please refer to prices and booking terms outlined in your invoice as the only legally binding text.
Dive in Australia operates as an agent between you (the client) and the service provider.
We arrange various travel related services on behalf of diving, transport, some accommodation and other wholesale service providers. Dive in Australia’s obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. We have no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty or representation regarding their standard. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers. Your legal recourse is against the specific provider and not Dive in Australia. If for any reason, any travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your remedy lies against the provider and not with Dive in Australia.
Dive in Australia is a registered business in accordance with Australian law – ABN: 188 919 394 63
We endeavour to package tours that will meet your expectations. However, we take no responsibility for any matters that arise with regard to or during individual tours or arrangements with individual Service Provider.
We appreciate your feedback, whether complaints, compliments or suggestions. However, to the extent permitted by law we will not be responsible to you for any loss, expense or damage that you may suffer during any particular tour, accommodation or travel, no matter the cause. These matters are the responsibility of each individual Service Provider and you agree that you will not hold us liable in any such circumstance.
Our State borders are opening up so I’m sure like me you are getting excited about your next Australian dive experience. However Australia wide not all day tours, liveaboard trips and dive course programs have commenced their normal full running operation. Dive in Australia now offers live availability on a number of our trips however to avoid disappointment we request until we have been advised by all operators we represent to please contact us first before planning to book any future travel. International Update for traveling to Australia – Please see link here to the Australian Immigration.